Saturday, June 11, 2005

Poetry in the Far Corners of Forever


I have learned a month ago that my diabetes had become worse. Out of the onslaught of that physical infirmity, I have written this to Marie:

I want you to set this poetry aside
For this is written painstakingly
Wrought myself and my marrow
Just to let you know my heart’s delightful glow.

I want you to set his poetry aside
As a sign of how you make me for what I am
Accept me for who I have become
And giving me a strong character, a sense of direction,
a destiny to come.

I want you to set this poetry aside
And read it when you’re feeling happy and hue
So that you will always be reminded
That it was you who make me feel that way too.

I want you to set this poetry aside
As my admiration will never change nor fade
And the inexpressible charm and jovial mirth
Will remain in your loveliness and being down to earth.

I want you to set this poetry aside
Save for the days when things get wrong
And the dark clouds are hanging by your side
Hoping that these will cheer you up a little,
thinking those sweet mem’ries we have spent along.

I want you to set this poetry aside
On your dresser or on your shelf
Remember that it’s probably me sitting there,
Smiling to think of all the wonderful things about you.

I want you to set this poetry aside
While I’m gone; just to remind you in mind
That though I can’t always be there, or when God will take me somewhere
This poetry will remain truest, as I will be holding on to our promises,
waiting for you in the far corners of forever.
Posted by Hello

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home